Sunday, June 17, 2012

hey pops

dear papa,

it's been a long, arduous two years since we found out about your ailment; not long after i lost paloma in my womb. still hard for me to believe that you're human after all--the consolation price for a life lived with gusto and brave determination. these emotions i have bottled up inside are too mixed up and raw for me to even express how much you mean to me. you have been our rock of gibraltar. you have moved many mountains and crossed many oceans for us to have the best life can offer. though we have  disagreed on many issues and shared the same stubbornness, i always knew that i am my father's daughter. i know you're proud of me even if you lack in expression and affection. and for that, you have my deep admiration for making life look so easy to navigate. and you got your "american dream"
-- here we are, my brothers and i, now living our own dreams. thank you for fighting and loving us unconditionally.  happy father's day!

i hope you will get through this battle. i love you. i will come see you soon.


us navy circa 1960s

his priced fighting cocks

us navy

1 comment:

  1. That was beautiful Maria. Thank you for sharing <3,
    Rima

    ReplyDelete